Owner and Founder
Sean Taaffe Hair & Beauty was established as a one man operation in Killorglin in 1989. Since then the company has expanded 6 times, with locations in Killarney, Tralee and Killorglin and a team of 60 talented professionals.
At Sean Taaffe we believe that education is the key to our success and to this end we invest heavily in both in-salon education and courses and seminars both in Ireland and abroad. Every team member goes on a minimum of 3 courses per year to update knowledge with some members going to a total of 10 courses per year. All this helps ensure a motivated team and the very best knowledge at your disposal. As part of our commitment to client satisfaction and delight we encourage team members to enter competition on a regular basis.
Some of our achievements
- The Sean Taaffe Group won the top award, the National Salon of the Year, at the prestigious Schwarzkopf Irish Hairdressing Awards. Sean Taaffe and Kara O Shea (General Manager) accepted the Award from the host for the event, TV personality, Lorraine Keane. The National Salon of the Year is selected by judges from the winners of each of the regional titles from Munster, Connacht, Ulster, Leinster and Dublin City and County. To win the top award against the very best in the country was the ultimate industry accolade and an acknowledgement of the creativity and professionalism within the Sean Taaffe Group.
- Schwartzkopf Hairdressing Awards:
- Social responsibility Award 2013
- Customer Card Award 2014 & 2015
- Marketing Salon of the year 2014 & 2015
- Munster Salon of the year 2010, 2014 & 2015
- National Salon of the year 2014 & 2015
- Alfaparf Fantastic Awards:
- ALFAPARF Fantastic Salon of the Year 2012
- 'ALFAPARF Fantastic Hairdresser of the Year in 2013'
- Intercouifure image of the year
- Best of the best editors choice award
- World Championships:
- Sean won an OMC World championships bronze medal
- Sean won an OMC World Asia cup bronze medalist
- PHAB standard:
- Sean has received PHAB standard Service Star
- Phorest Client Care Award:
- All our salons have received the Phorest Client Care Award in 2018, 2019 & 2020
Would you like to join the ST group?
At Sean Taaffe Hair & Beauty we strive to be the best of the best.
Are you interested in working in an multi-award winning salon group?
Are you interested in training alongside World Championship Medalist and 2019 World Championship Judge, then this is the salon for you.